Wednesday, February 6, 2013

We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han

I thought that this was the best book in the Summer series. In it, we get all of the feelings and thoughts and arguments that really molded together well into a good book. Seriously, be prepared to brace yourself for this one because it's like somebody's opened the floodgate of feelings and there's no way that you're not going to get covered with them. 

We'll Always Have Summer details Belly's life two years after the previous book. Now, she and Jeremiah are an official couple and attend the same college. Relationship-wise things aren't going as wonderfully as Belly thought they would when she finds out about the terrible secret that Jeremiah has kept from her. She finds herself questioning her feelings for both of the Fisher boys, and in a long, life-altering moment, she finally comes to terms with them.

This book was definitely a rollercoaster of emotions, which I feel kind of worked in its favor. Belly seems to do a bit of growing up in this novel, and finally realizes and admits to her feelings. Both boys also come to terms with their feelings and basically lay it all out on a platter for Belly to devour. Who does she pick? Read and find out.

Similarly to the second book, this one is told from two different viewpoints, these belonging to Belly and Conrad. It was nice to get inside Conrad's head and figure out what the hell he'd been thinking over the past few novels. However, it still doesn't change my opinion on his character.
Also, in this book Jeremiah's character is really fleshed out and we finally get to see that he's not the perfect peachy person that we've known. Yay for characterization. 

As far as the ending goes, it was pretty predictable. The climax of the story was pretty much the last couple of chapters, and I just knew how it was going to turn out. Feelings-wise, I'm alright with it. While I cringe at all of the money that was already spent and now wasted, I suppose that I can understand why it happened. Love is love is love. Yada yah.

The pacing was just like the rest. Not too difficult to breeze through in a few hours. 

Overall, I'm kind of happy to be done with this trilogy. I feel that I can now leave any thoughts of Belly and her ever in love with her brothers on that last page, or in this review. It was a nice series to breeze through.

☆☆☆☆/5
Recommend?: If you've already read the last two and want to finish the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...