Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. J.K. Rowling
Even though I've yet to read or purchase The Casual Vacancy, I know in my mind that I will eventually do both of these things. Perhaps just after I get through other books that I've been meaning to read for a long time. Also, anything else that she would put out about the Harry Potter world, I would sweep up in a heartbeat.
2. John Green
Seriously, I don't think that I really even have to explain this one. Everything that this man writes I will most probably buy. Hell, I already own two copies of every book, three of which are signed. I love love love John Green and his writing with all of my heart.
3. Darren Shan
Again, I don't own every single book by him, but I have read just about everything that he's put out. I love his horror stories and will follow them and him for as long as his writing career exists.
4. Lemony Snicket / Daniel Handler
I absolutely adore his writing as Lemony Snicket and cannot wait to start his newest series on the life of Lemony Snicket. Also, I want to delve more into his other works. His writing style is really fascinating and I don't think that I'll drop him as a favorite any time soon.
5. Sarah Dessen
My collection of her books is pretty impressive. I own all but three, not including the newest one that isn't out yet. I love her books, and even though most feel like a repetitive storyline, it doesn't bother me because she always manages to create unique characters that I fall in love with over and over again.
6. Suzanne Collins
She has such a creative mind, and boy, does she know how to write an enticing series with fantastic characters.
7. Chuck Palahniuk
The man knows how to write the most fucked up stories, and even though I don't particularly care for all of them, I'll still buy them when I see them if only to complete my collection.
8. Rick Riordan
Even though his books are aimed more towards the middle-grade age, I still enjoy the heck out of them. Reading about Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology in such a funny way is quite fun, and I always find myself eagerly awaiting the next in the series because I know that I won't be disappointed.
9. A.S. King
I would love to own all of her books. Every time that I read one of them I find these magical lead characters who end up discovering so much about themselves in the end, and god, they're just so good.
10. Simone Elkeles
She knows how to write romance, let me tell you. Whether it's dealing with the Fuentes boys or other boys, she writes a great love story that will make you feel so many things. I would buy just about anything that she wrote.

No comments:
Post a Comment