Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Ronald Bilius Weasley from Harry Potter.
Mr. Weasley will probably continue to be my favorite character of all time. He's so far from perfect, and at times doesn't know where he wants to be, but when he figures everything out and comes into himself, he shines. He's hilarious, yet so much more than the comic relief. Ron's the glue that keeps the trio together, and what fantastic glue that was.
2. Hermione Jean Granger from Harry Potter.
Growing up with the Harry Potter books, I really looked up to Hermione. We were both huge bookworms with unruly bushy hair and large front teeth who didn't know how to get our feeling out there. There were times when I reading as a child and even now when I just pause and tell myself, "She is me. We're totally the same." Therefore, Hermione has always and will continue to hold such a dear spot in my heart, because she helped me realize that books and brains and bushy hair were okay things to deal with, and that they shouldn't define my whole persona. There's a reason that I was her for Halloween for more than a few years.
3. Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings.
Oh, Sam. Even though I haven't finished the books yet, I have seen the movies, and Sam was a character that fell in love with immediately. Maybe I just have a thing for the loyal side characters, because usually they end up as my favorites. However, not only is Sam just loyal, he's strong and he takes care of his Frodo Baggins.
4. Arkarian from The Guardians of Time Trilogy.
He's wise, cautious, and not to mention powerful. I really don't know how else to describe him.
5. Mr. Crepsley from Cirque du Freak.
Definitely my favorite vampire of all time. He hails from the first real vampire series that I read, and frankly, his character, while tough, was easy to like. Seriously, read the books and tell me differently.
6. Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments.
Ah, Magnus Bane. How does one describe Magnus Bane? He's hilarious and loyal and just an all-around good character. I am too anxious to see what happens with him in the next book.
7. Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments.
Simon's always been my favorite. He's snarky, sarcastic, hilarious and a great guy. Whenever I get irritated with those books, it's his parts that calm me down.
8. Ripred from The Underland Chronicles.
So, he's a huge rat. He's also very smart, very brave, and very very cool.
9. Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
Alice is another character that I've always liked from a young age. Not only was she a reader, but she got to explore this amazingly backwards world, if only in a dream.
10. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy.
While there were some serious moments when she annoyed the crap out of me, there were also those moments when I enjoyed her and all of her badassery.

No comments:
Post a Comment