Friday, April 19, 2013

Five of the coolest books that I own.

Hosted by Myself.

It's not to say that I don't own several other cool books, but these are ones that I've come across or were gifted to me that were instant favorites and so much fun to read.


1. Castle: Medieval Days and Knights - Kyle Olmon
This one I found in a thrift shop for about two bucks. It's a pop-up book that details many things about castle life and other intriguing things that happened back then. I still get excited about pop-up books, and this one is also educational, so it's even more fun!

2. Vampyre: The Terrifying Lost Journal of Dr. Cornelius Van Helsing - Cornelius Van Helsing
My Aunt bought this book for me a few years back, and I fawned all over it. It's like those fancy ology  books, you know, the Dragonology and Pirateology. It has a lot of intriguing vampire studies and also little pull-outs and small letters. Truly, it was so much fun to read and look through.

3. The Crimes of Dr. Watson - Duane Swierczynski
The entire thing is a mystery that you get to solve. Every page has an envelope with a clue inside and as you read the story and sift through the clues, you get to deduct along with the author and help save Watson. Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of Sherlock Holmes stories, so this one was even better because you get to actually see and hold the clues and it was like a dream come true. 

4. The Beatrice Letters - Lemony Snicket
Being a massive fan of A Series of Unfortunate Events, I was overly eager when my Aunt also gifted this book to me. Inside it includes many letters between Lemony Snicket and Beatrice, and it's very quirky and strange. Truly, if you don't understand the oddness that is Lemony Snicket or VFD, then you might not understand this one entirely. It includes little extra pictures and small things that were made into notes. 


5. Dear Mr. Potter - Lily Zalon
Now this book, this one leaves me in tears whenever I read through it. It was special book whose proceeds were all donated to the HP Alliance. There are many touching and heart-felt stories about how the Harry Potter books have touched people's lives. Also, there are many fan-made and actual photos that showcase many Potterheads' addiction and loyalty to the series. Really, it's so very very cool and it always makes me feel hundreds of different emotions. I like to pick it up whenever I get sad about Harry Potter's end. It helps me to feel not so alone.



Okay, so if you haven't noticed I really like interactive books. 
They're loads of fun.








2 comments:

  1. All of these books look quite fun, number 3 and number 5 caught my eye the most. I really like the sentimentality behind Dear Mr Potter. As for The Crimes of Dr Watson, I've already gone ahead and looked at its cost on Amazon. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr. Potter is a very nice book for Potterheads.
      Also, The Crimes of Dr. Watson is so much fun, especially if you adore Sherlock Holmes or just want to play detective. If you're truly interested then I highly recommend that you purchase it.
      :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...