1. Man in Novel
In this class we read books and discussed them. Really, there was no question as to whether or not I was going to take this class. I mean, it's reading books and talking about them for a grade. Sure, with tests and one paper, but that was too easy. Another thing that really stuck with me from this class was the fact that my teacher opened it with a Philosophy unit. In it, we read works like The Allegory of the Cave by Plato and parts of Jostein Gaarder's Sophie's World, and we even watched The Matrix. The whole thing was just so cool and fun, that I still have all of my papers from it so that I can look back at them and smile. This class also started my love for Gatsby, so I feel that I owe it a lot.
2. Music Appreciation
Here I learned a lot about music, from basic elements like pitch and dynamics to actual periods of music like Baroque and Renaissance. Really, we listened to a lot of music and talked it out and learned many many things about the composers and how they lived in their time. The atmosphere was so laid back and fun that I truly wished that it never had to end. Also, this class spawned my love for oftentimes lyric-less music.
3. Music Theater
In Music Theater we watched A LOT of musicals from all periods in time. This was also a very relaxed class that I wish I could still take part in. It helped develop my love for musicals and also gave me an opportunity to introduce one of my favorites to my not-so-eager classmates. To this day, I won't ever forget their faces when seeing all of my pictures of Rocky Horror. It was a perfect moment.
4. Digital Imaging
Here we dealt with a lot of Adobe computer editing programs. We used a wide range, from Photoshop to Illustrator, and let me say, I made some of the coolest things ever in this class. Not to mention how cool my teacher was and how interesting he made class.
5. Graphic Communications
This was another Tech class in which we created really cool things. We also used Photoshop quite a bit, to make designs to put on tshirts, notepads and stamps. We learned how to make frames for screen printing, and then that entire process. We went in the dark room and learned how to develop sheets to make notepad designs. We basically learned how to use every single machine in the classroom, which was loads of fun. My teacher for this was the same as my Digital teacher, therefore making this class just as fun and interesting. Looking back now, I sure would've screen printed a lot more shirts.

No comments:
Post a Comment