Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Do they have to be living people? Because I could just as easily name ten deceased authors that I would LOVE to meet.
1. J.K. Rowling
She wrote my favorite series, and I'd love to be able to sit down and have a conversation with her. Actually, I'd love to just sit down with her. Even if we didn't speak, I'd be completely happy.
2. John Green
I've read all of his books and I watch him on YouTube, and he just appears to be a completely wonderful and pleasant person. All of the stuff that he and Hank have done with Nerdfighters is amazing. He's truly changed my life for the better and I'd love the chance to tell him this.
3. Stephen King
The man is a genius. He's written so many wonderfully terrifying stories, and I'd just really love to speak with him about writing. I feel like I could learn so much.
4. Darren Shan
This man is the author of some of my favorite YA Horror fiction, and I'm a fan of all of his works. I feel like he'd be an interesting person to meet in person.
5. Chuck Palahniuk
Oh my, this man. He's written some of the strangest and most disgusting books that I've ever read in my life, and yet I'm always eagerly awaiting his latest book. I don't know how he does what he does. Seriously, I'd love to pick his brain.
6. J.R.R. Tolkien
He added so much to the world of fantasy literature, that we all owe him so much. He was a humble man and so very imaginative, and I feel like I'd learn a lot from him with just a single conversation.
7. Lewis Carroll / Charles Dodgson
He was an interesting man whom I feel I could hold an interesting conversation with.
8. Roald Dahl
He's the author of many of my favorite children's books, and he's another whom I feel I could hold an interesting conversation with.
9. C.S. Lewis
He created Narnia and was a brilliant man. He was also friends with Tolkien, so maybe we could all have just gotten together for some tea and talked about literature and linguistics?
10. F. Scott Fitzgerald
I'd like to compliment him on Gatsby and also other things.











A nice topic to pick... I feel like everyone chose way better topics than me. Haha.
ReplyDeleteI agree with pretty much all these authors!
My TTT: My Bookish Pet Peeves
A huge yes to JK Rowling, although I'd probably be a blubbering idiot if I ever did meet her! CS Lewis is another one I'd love to meet - what a brilliant mind. Great list! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I would gladly like to meet most of these people too. Their works are just unbelievably brilliant that I want to sit them down and grill them - I mean talk to them - about all that went through their heads when they created their books.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! ;)