Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger.

This isn't really a difficult list to make, seeing as I only started blogging a few months ago. However, I'll try not to repeat many other books from my past Tuesdays.

1. The Perks of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
As soon as I started reading this book I fell head over heels in love with it. I recommend it quite often to people and thus far it hasn't disappointed. The movie has also recently come out and I must say that I adore it a lot as well.

2. The Shining - Stephen King
A few years ago I was on a Stephen King kick, where I read so many of his more famous works. This is one that has stuck out to me, even as the years have gone by. Just the way that King can write characters and throw them in these horrific situations always blew me away. Even now, I can still remember parts of the story quite vividly, and not only because the movie is constantly on BBC. 

3. Rant - Chuck Palahniuk
I don't remember quite how I came across his writing, but I truly feel thankful that I have. The man can write the craziest and most fucked up story and manage to make it appealing and addictive. Rant is probably my favorite of his works so far. There is just something about his writing.

4. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
I read this one in high school. Boy, what a powerful book. It's very wonderful and touching and if you haven't read it yet then I STRONGLY suggest that you pick it up.

5. The Princess Diaries series - Meg Cabot
I started this series so many times in my youth and somehow managed to never finish it. How this ever happened I've no idea, but thankfully I did finally get around to completing the entire thing just two years ago. Let me tell you, this is probably one of the funniest and most awkward series that I've ever read. In these ways I found myself relating to Mia frequently, and I really never wanted it to end. 

6. The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton Juster
Such a fun and wonderful read. No matter how old I am, I will always feel loyal towards this book.

7. Everybody Sees the Ants - A.S. King
There was just something different about this book that made me fall in love. I adored the main character: Lucky and was completely intrigued with his dreams. King seriously knows how to write magical stories. I've grown very fond of her writing.

8. Emma - Jane Austen
I read this one in an English class. It was one of those novels that I went into not expecting to care for it but then came out really adoring it. What a story! It's given me the courage to reread Pride and Prejudice. 

9. The Underland Chronicles - Suzanne Collins
This is definitely one of my favorite series. While it is deemed middle-grade, Gregor and the Underland will always hold a special place in my heart. They're filled to the brim with adventure and amazing characters. It makes me very sad that they didn't gain as much publicity as The Hunger Games.

10. A Separate Peace - John Knowles
I also read this one in school. I remember that nobody else liked it. Why that was, I've still no idea. Honestly, I don't even think that I can tell you why I enjoyed it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...