Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread


1. A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin
At the beginning of this year I was on a serious Game of Thrones reading spree, having managed to get through the first two like they were nothing. Then, I somehow managed to get all sidetracked with other books and I still haven't picked up the next books in the series. This really makes me sad because the show comes back on at the end of this month and I feel like I should read A Storm of Swords before it premieres.

2. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
A classic that I picked up at a thrift store and just haven't found the time or enthusiasm to start.

3. The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
I'm really going to get around to this soon. I promise.

4. Fire - Kristen Cashore
I fell completely in love with the first book, I just somehow haven't managed to start this one. 

5. The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis
Another book that I found whilst thrifting and just haven't managed to read yet.

6. Amadeus - Peter Shaffer
I watched the movie and was so enthralled with it that I practically jumped for joy when I found this book at the thrift store.

7. The Happy Prince and Other Stories - Oscar Wilde
Basically the same thrift store scenario as I've already mentioned.

8. The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray - Chris Wooding
Fine, I didn't buy this book, my friend gave this to me years ago and I've somehow managed to forget about it until recently. I only count it because it's been sitting on my shelf for so long. I did try to read it, but too quickly gave up for other more interesting books. 

9. The Nixie's Song - Holly Black
I was really into the Spiderwick Chroniles years back and upon seeing this little gem in a thrift shop I absolutely had to have it. I think that the main reason that I haven't read it yet is because I've kind of been waiting to get the others so that I don't have to wait between books.

10. We Had Everything But Money - Roy Reiman
Okay, I didn't buy this book either, it was given to me for Christmas by my Aunt. It used to be my late grandfather's. Knowing that I developed a huge interest in the Reminisce magazines that my Grandma always got in the mail, my Aunt rooted through her stuff from her late father and gave me this book as a present. Honestly, I'm not so sure why I haven't read it yet.

2 comments:

  1. A Storm of Swords isn't on my list, but it definitely could have been. I am in the exact same boat with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuthering Heights is my favourite Classic, it just has so many hidden messages and meanings. Fire is also brilliant but its the third book Bitterblue that is by far the best. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...