Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This is kind of a difficult one. I have so many books just lying around that I want to read, and not to mention others that I want to get from the library. Ah.
1. Birth of a Killer - Darren Shan
Ever since I knew that Shan was writing a series about Mr. Crepsley, it was immediately placed on my TBR pile. Sadly, before now I've never really gotten the chance to read it or check it out from the library. Maybe subconsciously I knew that I needed to wait for the entire series to be out before I started reading it. You know, to get rid of those mid-series pauses that pain us so much.
2. Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
I was lucky to find this in a thrift store for about a dollar, as usually his books retail for about 11-13 bucks per paperback. It's also the only book of his that I haven't read yet, so I'm anxiously wondering how this one is. Palahniuk is just one of those writers, I suppose.
3. The Moon and More - Sarah Dessen
This one isn't out yet, I believe. But, like any other Sarah Dessen novel I will continue to pick them up without hesitation.
4. A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin
I was on a roll with the first two in the very beginning of this year and somehow I managed to get so far sidetracked from them that I could kick myself. The show comes back on at the end of the month so hopefully I won't wait until spring to tackle this one.
5. Watership Down - Richard Adams
Really this is just one of those books that I feel like I have to read in order to die with a great understanding of literature.
6. Who Could That Be At This Hour? - Lemony Snicket
I'm honestly truly surprised that I haven't read this one yet. Also a bit sad.
7. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
Another classic that I've recently purchased and strive to read at some point this year.
8. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
I've seen and heard many many wonderful things about this book and really want to read it for myself to find out if all of these wonderful things are true.
9. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
It feels like it's been so long since I read Divergent, sheesh. I have to know what happens next.
10. Article 5 - Kristen Simmons
Looks like an interesting dystopian novel. Plus, it's been in my library queue for quite some time now.

No comments:
Post a Comment