Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun.


I don't know if a lot of these books are necessarily light, but they're definitely ones that bring me a lot of joy.

1. Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
Whenever I feel like I've been away for too long, I'll pick up book one and revisit the Wizarding World. It's loads of fun, even when it breaks my heart.

2. The BFG - Roald Dahl
It's one of my favorite children's books, and it still fills me with wonder every time that I read it.

3. The Princess Diaries - Meg Cabot
I wish that I owned this series, but checking it out from the library will have to suffice. It's probably one of the funniest and most endearing series that I've read. I feel that Mia and I are alike in many ways, so reading about her life is always loads of fun. I laugh every time.

4. The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton Juster
This one is just so much fun to read. I feel that if you've read it then you'd understand. 

5. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
This book is another fun one that I've grown quite fond of. It's always an interesting re-read.

6. Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
It's my favorite Dessen book, and is one of the first romance books that I turn to on my bookshelf. It's not too overbearing, but it is really wonderful. Owen Armstrong, my friends.

7. A Series of Unfortunate Events series - Lemony Snicket
Whenever I feel like I need something interesting and fun, or more V.F.D. in my life, I'll pick up this series. 

8. It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini
Not all of it is light, but overall the story warms my heart and makes me smile.

Other than these, nothing else comes directly to mind. Notice how most of these are children's books/series. (:



2 comments:

  1. Reading Roald Dahl was always a highlight for me as a kid... I'd love to discover them all over again as an adult.

    My Book Bubble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roald Dahl is loads of fun to read as an adult.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...